After a long and stressful day you just want to relax by scrolling through beautiful pictures and interesting videos on Instagram only to discover you can’t login to your account.
“What went wrong? Why did Instagram suspend my account for 24 hours? What did I do wrong? I’m pretty sure I did nothing to make Instagram ban my account.”
I know that as Nigerians we are super quick to turn everything to village people so I’m here to help you understand the mystery.
Possible Reasons Why your Instagram account was Suspended
- You violated Instagram’s community guidelines.
- A lot of other Instagram accounts reported your account.
- Logging from multiple IP addresses
Instagram’s Community Guidelines
- Post only original photos or videos and contents you have the permission to post. Don’t post other people’s work as yours. There should be proper recognition of the owners.
- Don’t use bot(artificial means) to increase likes or followers.
- Don’t buy likes or followers or engagement. Engagements on Instagram should be exchanged for money.
- Share contents that are okay for a diverse audience.
- Do not support (like/follow/comments) hate groups, terrorism, or crimes on Instagram.
- Communicate and treat members of Instagram with respect.
- A lot of people use Instagram, so avoid posting horrific contents. If you must do so for sensitisation or news purpose, there should be a warning message for viewers.
Your account could be suspended if many people report your account. So don’t send rude or unwanted direct messages, don’t offend people, don’t spam people’s inboxes with unwanted pictures, etc.
Logging in to Instagram from different IP addresses or devices might make Instagram suspicious of the account. This might prompt them to suspend the account.
Social media is a place to have fun and do your business not be disturbed by several rules and regulations. So if you have a business account you want to grow contact the professionals to handle the account for you.